#Bergvliet School was built in 1955-56 as a High School to serve the population of Bergvliet (an ex-servicemen’s township) and the newly developed township of Meadowridge.
The Bergvliet Primary School had already been built.
The school’s first Grade 8 class of 78 was enrolled in 1957 with Mr P.A.M. van der Spuy as its first Headmaster with two assistant teachers.
The buildings were officially opened on 15 March 1957 by Mr Norman Henshilwood who was then the M.E.C. in charge of Education.